|By Katharine Hadow||
|May 29, 2009 04:30 PM EDT||
When emailed documents will be needed later as legal proof, the person producing them needs to be able to swear that they have not been altered. Comodo Secure Email Pro offers a way to protect the contents of an email from alteration in transit.
Email's ease and utility, which allows internal users, partners and customers to communicate effectively, also puts confidential information in reach of those who want to profit from it. To a moderately skilled person, inside the organization or out, unsecured email is easy to read, impersonate and alter, and is not much different from a postcard written in pencil.
Digital signatures on email documents represent a one-way hash (encryption) of the message content that uses the sender's public and private key pair. This process creates a "signature" that only the sender's public key can decrypt. The recipient, using the sender's public key, can then validate the sender as well as the integrity of message contents. The sender's digital signature will be un-trusted by the recipient's email program if either the message content or sender's digital certificate are invalid.
The Secure Email Pro signing procedure automates the digital signature process, and attaches the "signature" to the out-going document to be emailed. CSE Pro also checks and validates incoming signed documents using the reverse process.
Because the computer tenaciously pairs the digital signature to one saved version of the document, it is nearly impossible to repudiate a digitally signed document.
Comodo Secure Email Pro is an install-and-forget software application that can automatically digitally sign all outgoing messages without the need to pre-exchange passwords or public certificates. For further protection, email documents can also be encrypted, making them unintelligible to anyone but the intended recipient.
For more information about Comodo Secure Email Pro, click here.
- Patent-Pending Hardware-free Hackerguardian Scans Networks in the Cloud
- The Economist Reports on Cyber Warfare
- Comodo Says Send Email, Not Postcards Scrawled in Pencil
- 免费提升Windows XP, Vista和Windows 7的性能
- Abdulhayoglu: Avoiding Porn and Gambling Not Enough to Avoid Infection
- Two-Factor Authentication Secures Microsoft SharePoint and Outlook Web Access
- Comodo Innovations at SC World Congress October 13 and 14
- Бесплатная утилита Comodo System-Cleaner оптимизирована для Windows 7
- Developers and End Users Benefit from Code-signing Certificates
- Online Encryption: Roots Are Showing